Sunday 4 September 2016

Altenew Easy Watercoloring Card

I wanted to use my Altenew Majestic Blooms set again, but had a different idea in mind this time.  This time, I heat embossed the outline image of the flower and leaves in white and watercolored the image with my Mission Gold Pure Pigments watercolors.  I made sure to leave the coloring very loose, and let it go outside the lines.





Then, I cut the watercolor panel down to 5 1/2 x 4 inches.  I added mauve glitter tape to a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 card base, made from 110lb white cardstock, and then mounted my panel onto using fun foam.  I stamped a sentiment from the Close to My Heart "Say it All" occasions set onto some black cardstock and heat embossed in white.  I added fishtails to the end and then used more mauve glitter tape underneath.  I'm in love with how this card came out!

1 comment:

  1. A lovely effect, Renee - pretty colors, too! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete