Sunday 8 November 2015

Love & Peace

I made this card for the challenge at Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge Blog.  I used the Furry Christmas stamp set from Simon Says Stamp, which I colored using ZIG Clean Color Real Brush markers on 140lb watercolor paper.  I messed up initially when I colored the cat, so I just stamped him again, recolored him, and fussy cut him out.  Then I glued him to the front of the image, which gave him a bit of dimension, too.




The backgound paper is a Michael's Recollection on e that I had in my stash.  I backed the image with some red cardstock, and placed a piece of vellum (which I colored green with alcohol markers) behind it.  This vellum was cut using Mama Elephant's Peek a Frame dies.  I also used the same die to cut the background paper and the panel with the colored image.

It doesn't show very well in the picture, but I used Glossy Accents on the noses of the dos and cat, as well as the antlers and scarf.  For the sentiment on my card, I decided to perform some stamp surgery, and cut the "love" part from the Joy and Love sentiment, and added the "Peace" stamp instead.  I put dots of white gel pen on the eyes to make the card pop, and that's my finished card!

I woud like to enter this in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Blog Challenge.



2 comments:

  1. This card is absolutely charming! It looks adorable and has such great coloring and shading on the animals themselves. I had to laugh at your admission of messing up on the cat because it looks amazing now! I can't even tell you how many times I've had to fussy-cut my way out of a bad crafting situation! I also loved how you did some "stamp surgery." That takes courage, but you nailed it! This card is really lovely and I enjoyed seeing it and reading about its creation. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks for your kind remarks! I generally try to avoid fussy cutting when I can, haha, but sometimes it can really save a project! And yeah, the stamp surgery was definitely scary, but worth it in the end; it really allows you to stretch your stamp set!

      Delete