Monday 2 November 2015

You Are Soy Awesome!

That's no typo in my title!  This sweet (no, wait, SALTY) card was inspired by the Your Next Stamp blog challenge.  I used their sketch as my inspiration, but as you can see, I put the smaller rectangle behind my front panel instead of in front.  I was also inspired by the color part of their challenge, but I don't think I used all of them in this card. 



I used YNS's Soy Awesome stamp set for both the image and the sentiment, while the papers are from last year's Close to My Heart.  I colored the image with my Prismacolor pencils, and blended with mineral spirits.  If you haven't tried coloring with these pencils yet, give them a try!  You can get some really great blending!  The background was done by sponging Hero Arts Unicorn ink through the Reversed Chicken Wire stencil by The Crafter's Workshop.  It gives a really subtle effect, which was perfect for this card!  I kept the card simple, and finished it off with a bit of Glossy Accents for the eyes.

You can play along with the challenge on the YNS blog.

6 comments:

  1. This is such a cute and fun card and your coloring looks awesome! Thanks for joining our challenge at Your Next Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! Love your colouring and your use of the chicken wire!
    Thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Renee!! I love your card so much. It is so cute and you captured that sketch beautifully!! Thank you so much for playing along with YNS Sketch and Color Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun - love that set! And great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at YNS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clean and simple and FUN! Looks great with the brown pulled in throughout. Thanks for joining in the challenge at YNS and sharing your take on sketch #27.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun card, love the colors you used and the clean and simple design!! Thank you for joining us at Your Next Stamp! Hope you will join us again next time!!

    ReplyDelete