Tuesday 15 December 2015

Party Hat Tree!

I made this card for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. There theme this week is "Tags" featuring Tim Holtz.  I wanted to make a Christmas card using Tim Holz, but I don't have any Christmas stamps by them, so I improvised.  The stammp I used might just look familiar to you.  It's the Party Hat Sketch stamp!  I just colored it green and red using my Zig Clean Color Markers, and turned it into a Christmas tree!!  For the tag, I used some Kraft tags I bought at Michael's and distressed the edges with some Peeled Paint Distress Ink.  I speckled some snow in using white gouache and then used some white pearlescent paste through the Simon Says Stamp Falling Snow stencil for larger snow.  For the snowbank, I used some Glass Bead medium from Golden, mixed with some white acrylic paint, which I then topped with glitter.  The glass beads give it an amazing texture.





The background paper is old stock from Close to My Heart, which I cut using the Stitched Rectangle Dies from Your Next Stamp.  The sentiment was actually a Rub-On that I got from the Dollarama last year that matched perfectly!  Then I just mounted everything to a green cardstock base from Michael's.  I added a gold star and some twine for the finishing touches.  Done!

1 comment:

  1. Way to improvise, Renee - great design! Love the music and beautiful font of your sentiment, too! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete