Tuesday 30 August 2016

A Stitched Kraft Christmas

When I was going through my Mulberry Wood stamps from Crafter's Companion, I came across some adorable Christmas sets and realized that I'd better get a move on making some holiday cards!  It's closer than we think it is!  I wanted to do something a bit different, so I decided to stamp the image in white pigment ink (I used Close to my Heart White Daisy, but any will do) and color it in with my Prismacolor pencils.





I also used Simon Says Stamp Falling Snow stencil on the card base in the same ink, and to make a simple layer behind my image.  I used the same Kraft paper from Michael's for everything so that there was a sense of unity.  I finished the card with a faux stitched border using a Bo Bunny Stitches stamp.  I decided that I didn't want to add a sentiment to the front, and just kept it as it was.  I DID add little black dots to the eyes to make them pop a bit.  The white just didn't stand out enough.


I'm entering this in the following challenges:

SSS Monday Challenge: It's a Stitch Up!
SSS Wednesday Challenge: It's Hip to be Square

1 comment:

  1. Adorable, Renee - Love those sweet birds against the kraft base, and the stitched border is really fun! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete