Saturday 20 August 2016

You're Lovely - Using a Shaped Die as a Border

For this card, I wanted to do a border on my card, but I wanted something a bit different.  A while ago, I had bought the Sizzix Birch Leaves from Amazon (who consistently sucks away all my money), and never really used it for anything, because for the life of me, I could NOT figure out what I would do with a 5-6 inch leaf die.  Well, I wanted to get some use out of it, so when Simon Says issued their Wednesday challenge "Make it to the Border", I knew what die set I was using.




I took a piece of white 110lb card stock and cut it down to 4 1/4 by 5 1/2.  I folded it in half, and then cut the leaf shape into one side of the card.  I placed a sheet of patterned paper behind it.  Of course, I later realized that the paper was patterned on both sides and I had to add another piece of white paper behind it!

I then used the Lovely Flowers stamp set and matching dies from Catherine Pooler's Stamp of Approval box.  You can't buy these stamps right now, but they'll be available for purchase on her site at a later date.  I stamped the images in various Close to my Heart colors, die cut them, and then arranged them on the front of the card.  I stamped the sentiment in black and then coated "lovely" in Glossy Accents.  I finished the card off by putting Wink of Stella on some of the flowers.

If you want to see how to make your own Wink of Stella, check out my YouTube video here.

This card is for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Make for the Border

3 comments:

  1. How creative is this, Renee! Love your use of shape die! Love the intricate details and colors! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday” Make for the Border” Challenge! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Renee! I think you found the perfect way to use that leaf die!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have incredible vision. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete