Saturday 13 August 2016

Container of Candy - You're So Sweet

I couldn't really think of what to do for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog's Try to Contain Yourself challenge.  I was thinking to myself "Oh, well, I don't have a lot of container type stamps or dies", and I didn't really have it in me to build a container this week.  And then I mentally slapped myself upside the head.  Of course I had container stamps!  I just needed to think a little outside the box!  I remembered that I had a lovely stamp set from Your Next Stamp called  Coco - Sweet Treats that have candy containers.  Well, I used one of these stamps to create a shaker container for some "candy" sequins.




I stamped the candy dispenser onto white card stock and used an xacto knife to cut out the inside.  Then, I used my Copics to color in the candy dispenser, and then I added my sentiment.  I put some Studio Calico glitter tape behind the front panel and then used foam tape to make the shaker part and to raise up the panel.  I added my sequins and adhered the top piece to the card, and finished it off with some extra sequins as embellishments.

This is for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog's Try to Contain Yourself challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment