Saturday 6 August 2016

Let's Celebrate!

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog is having their 6th anniversary, so their theme this week is all about... Celebrating!  This card was designed using SSS's Birthday Celebration stamp set, which you can get for free around your birthday.  I stamped the elephant onto Canson XL watercolor paper and used my Zig markers to color it in.  By the way, the Canson XL watercolor paper is FANTASTIC for Zig markers, which is great, because it's fairly inexpensive.  I then die cut around the elephant using journaling card sized die from Mama Elephant's Peek a Frame set.





I cut a piece of blue Michael's cardstock using the postage stamp die from the same set.  I stamped celebrate from the same SSS stamp set multiple times on a diagonal in Versamark ink and embossed using Wow! Clear Hologram Sparkle Embossing Glitter.  I then mounted my elephant panel onto this one using fun foam.  I mounted the works onto some Michael's 120lb card stock and added the celebrate sentiment to the top on a strip of black paper with white embossing powder.  I sparkled up the card with Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents on the balloon and the hat.  And done!





I swear that it sounds a lot more complicated that it actually was.  This card was very easy to make, but I love the way it came out!

I'm submitting this to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog challenge here.

1 comment:

  1. What a darling card, the elephant is so sweet and pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete