Wednesday 3 August 2016

Piles of Smiles - Redux

I realized that I don't use my stamps enough, so I thought I'd create a card using a stamp set that I've used before (because, really, we spend so much for a stamp set that we really SHOULD be using it more than once).  I really like this stamp set that I got from Your Next Stamp (YNS) called Piles of Smiles, which comes with some fantastically cute pieces.

For this card, I made a blue base from Michael's cardstock.  I stamped my leaf stamps into a pile using (fake) post-it tape for masking, and then colored with my Zig Real Brush markers.  I should have used watercolor paper, but the paper was thick enough to handle the small amount of water I used with minimal pilling.  Then, I stamped the sentiment (Piles of Smiles) in Versamark and embossed it using Simon Says Stamp gold embossing powder.  I used fun foam to mount the 5 1/2 x 3 3/4 white panel onto my card base and added two little pearls near the sentiment.  I decided after I had taken the picture that I wanted to add Glossy Accents to the eyes.  This is the finished product:




I'm entering this into the YNS Color and Sketch Challenge for the color portion.  The card does have a bit of green in it, but green is a neutral, right?  No?  Pfft... Details...

2 comments:

  1. What a fun pile of leaves. The background looks great. Glad to see you playing along with the challenge and pulling out your older sets!

    ReplyDelete