Sunday 7 August 2016

DeLIGHTful Birthday

One of the things I like so much about Your Next Stamp is their punny sentiments, such as the ones I used in this card from the Perfect Chemistry set.  I (mostly) followed the sketch laid out in their Sketch and Color Challenge #45 using random papers that I had lying around.  The card base is blue Recollections cardstock (that I have waaaaaaaay too much of, btw), which I spruced up with Catherine Pooler's Lattice Background stamp from the Lovely Notes Stamp of Approval box.





I colored the light bulb with my Prismacolors, and did a final coat of Wink of Stella.  Did you know that Wink of Stella takes a lot longer to dry if you put it on over colored pencil?  I suspect that if I hadn't used mineral spirits to blend my Prismacolors, it wouldn't have dried at all.  Anyway, that's pretty much my card.  If you haven't had a chance to check out Your Next Stamp's challenge, you should check it out now.

I'm entering this card in the Your Next Stamp Sketch and Color Challenge #45.

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie surrounded by flowers. So soft and pretty. Thanks for joining in the fun at YNS!

    ReplyDelete