Wednesday 10 August 2016

Wild for You

When I first saw the challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge blog, I was a little stuped at first.  The theme was Let's Go Wild!  I knew that I could use something like flowers or animals, but I really wanted to push it a little further.  That's when I found the "Wild" story stamp set by Ali Edwards in my stash from when you could test her monthly set for free ($5 shipping).  Well, frankly, I think that the $20 price tag on her 4x6 stamp set is waaaaaaaaay too high, but the Wild stamp set is gorgeous!  Of course, it's mostly relevant for scrapbooking, but there was this script-y wild in there that I thought was perfect, so I combined it with Hero Art's Operation Write Home Missing You stamp set to finish my sentiment.  So now it says "wild about you".  I also used the moose from the same set.





As you can see from the picture, I also went "Wild" with the colors, and gave my moose pink antlers using my ZIG markers.  I also used one of my favourite techniques, which is to color on velum paper.  It's nice because it gives you a pop of colors, but you can still see through to the background.  I wanted to give the card some texture, so I clear embossed "wild" over the black ink I had already stamped.  I also stamped the sentiment in the background of the white cardstock, but you an't actually see it...  A bit of a waste, really!  The cool blue die cut was cut from one of the dies that came in Catherine Pooler's Stamp of Approval box.  The ast box was absolutely amazing!

I'm entering this card into the SSS Wednesday Challenge Blog Let's Go Wild challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful card. Love the colours and the design! The moose is cute😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wild about your card - adorable

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! Great colors and a fun image. Such a wonderful design! Thanks so much for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete