Monday 1 August 2016

Love Our Adventures - New Technique for Me!

So I was watching one of my favorite YouTube crafters, Jennifer McGuire, and came across an excellent technique in one of her videos that I knew I wanted to use.  You can catch her video here.  I decided to use the same technique, but with a stamp and die set from Close to my Heart (CtMH) that I have.  (BTW, has anyone seen their Canadian prices lately?  Cracked!  I'm not paying $10.25 for an ink pad!)





So, I pretty much followed Jennifer's technique, but using my own stamps and dies, and instead of stamping on the inside of the card, I used my distress inks and some masking to create a water scene.  For the front panels, I couldn't find a background stamp that I wanted to use, so I used a Heidi Swapp stencil and sponged CtMH White Daisy pigment ink onto it.  I stamped the images with die ink, and then stamped them again with Versamark ink and clear embossed them (Again, following Jennifer's technique).  I then used glue tape to attach my images.  You can see a close up of the way the see through panel comes out below.




I think everyone should give this technique a try!  It's actually quite easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment