Monday 15 August 2016

Let's Chill - Stamping a Scene within Another Image

When I first seen what the challenge was for Simon Says Stamp's Monday challenge, Summer Fun, I knew exactly which stamp set I wanted to use: Hers Art's Let's Chill.  However, as I was hunting for that stamp set, I came across another of Hero Art's stamp sets called LOL, and instantly an amazing idea popped inside my head; I was going to create a scene that would show up as a tropical beach picture on a smartphone!




I stamped the little scene onto Canson XL watercolor paper using the tree and bird from the Let's Chill set, and colored it using my Zig markers.  I then stamped the phone from the LOL set onto black cardstock using Versamark ink and embossed using Wow's Metalic Silver embossing powder.  I then fussy cut the outside AND inside of the phone (which was actually REALLY simple), and glued it to the scene.  I cut around the scene to make it a die cut piece.





To finish the card, I partially die cut a piece of green cardstock using my Your Next Stamp Stitched Rectangles, and stamped tone on tone with the Stamp of Approval Lovely Lattice background stamp.  I white embossed the Let's Chill sentiment on to black cardstock and adhered my pieces using un foam for dimension.  I finished the little bird by adding a glare to his sunglasses as well as some shine with Glossy Accents.


I'm entering this in Summer Fun at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog here.

1 comment:

  1. Love love love this work! It's absolutely cute and fun! Great idea! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete