Friday 26 August 2016

Big Wishes with Close to my Heart Darling Dinos Stamps

ONe of the girls I work with was leaving to go back to school, so I made this card to wish her luck.  It uses Close to my Heart's Darling Dinos stamps, which I'm fairly sure is retired.  You can use any dinosaur stamps for the same effect!  So, I used my brand new Mini Misti that I recently received from Simon Says Stamp, and I have to say that it is AMAZING!  I really wish I hadn't waited so long to get one!  My images came out perfect, after I stamped them a few times with My Favorite Things ink.





I wanted to make a scene card, but Darling Dinos pretty much just comes with 3 dinosaurs and some sentiments, so I decided I was going to make my own sun using a circle die.  Yeah.  Only that didn't work out quite so well.  I made a large smudge as I was tracing!!!  But, I was too lazy to stamp the images again, so I just decided to go with it, and hid the smudge by making the sun into a stylized swirl with extended rays and then adding some plants to the foreground.  I also added little dots to the image so that it matched the stamp dinos.

I colored everything with my alcohol markers, a mix of brands including Copics, ProMarkers, and Fake Shinhan markers from ebay (which are cheap and work great, btw).  I don't have the exact colors, because I just blend as I go with whatever looks right.  I finished the card with the Big Wishes sentiment from the Darling Dinos set and cut the front panel with the Your Next STamp rectangle dies.  The card was begging for some dimension, so I mounted the panel on some fun foam.  Tada!  All done!

No comments:

Post a Comment