Saturday 20 August 2016

YNS and SOA

I've got two more cards to share with you today, one using goodies I recently got from Your NExt Stamp, and one using goodies from Catherine Pooler's Stamp of Approval.

Your Next Stamp






I made this card for the Sketch and Color Challenge #46 up at Your Next Stamp.  I used two sets that co-ordinate very well with each other, Maki a Wish and Soy Awesome.  I followed the sketch of the challenge (but switched up the placement of a few elements), and colored my images using my Prismacolor pencils.  I used a bit of random paper from my stash (I feel like I'll never need to buy paper again, my stash is THAT out of control).  I white embossed the sentiment onto grey card stock and added a little fishtail.  I attached everything with fun foam to add dimension.  Finally, I finished the card by coating the soy bottle in a think coat of Glossy Accents.


Stamp of Approval









I used the Butterfly Notes and the Lovely Flowers stamp sets from the Lovely Notes Stamp of Approval collection for this card.  I simply stamped a background of various thank you sentiments using Close to my Heart inks onto white paper. I then stamped 3 butterflies (using two tones of ink to give some dimension) onto white card stock and fussy-cut them out.  Can I just stop a minute here to say how much I despise fussy-cutting??  Yeah.  Moving on.

I stamped the main Thank You sentiment from the same collection and them mounted everything thing using fun foam, and the butterflies were mounted so that their wings are higher than their bodies.  The gold shiny strip along the side in metallic washi tape from the Dollarama.  I finished off the card with a few enamel dots.  Does anyone other than me always have trouble finding the right places to put enamel dots and sequins?  I love them when other people use them, but I just can't get them to work right...

Challenges:


Sketch and Color Challenge #46

2 comments:

  1. Great cards!The first is super cute with all the glossy accents and the monochromatic color scheme. Thanks for joining in the fun at YNS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is Soy Awesome! Thank you for playing along with us at YNS!

    ReplyDelete